How to make a cannabis alcohol tincture. Vodka, Schnapps, Brandy, etc.
THC, the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana (cannabis), is not readily digested by itself. Because THC is alcohol soluble it can be extracted into alcohol in order to make it more accessible to the body.
theCannabisChef recommends using a liquor with at least 50% alcohol.
3/4oz/22g finely ground cannabis
3fl oz/90ml alcohol (such as brandy, rum, vodka*)
*Different cannabis concoctions will taste better using a certain kind of alcohol. Refer to recipe.
DECARB your bud first! Place on cookie sheet in the oven at 150 degrees (F) for an hour or so, until the bud is dry and crumbles into a powder when rolled between your thumb and index finger.
1. Soak the cannabis powder in water for 12 hours to remove any water-soluble impurities.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Put cannabis powder in an airtight container such as a mason jar.
4. Pour alcohol over cannabis.
5. Store in a cool dark place for at least 10 days. The longer the better.
6. Shake the container several times a day.
7. Filter through a strainer to remove solid particles. Repeat as necessary.
For more about alcohol tinctures and some cool drink recipes see The Cannabis Cookbook: Over 35 Tasty Recipes for Meals, Munchies, and More