This Valentines Day give a special treat to that special someone! With our February 2011 Recipe of the Month.
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Serves: Makes 12 Potent Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cannabutter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Red and pink frosting, and sprinkles for decorating (get creative!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line the muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat the cannabutter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix in. Add vanilla extract and food coloring (to desired color).
- Now add the flour mixture and sour cream a bit at a time, and keep blending.
- In another bowl, combine vinegar and soda, after fizzing stops, add to the batter and mix in.
- Divide the batter by filling each liner about 3/4 of the ways full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
Serving Suggestions: Come on, make it special for that special someone!