Learn how to make the popular cannabis infused alcohol drink called Green Dragon with this amazing recipe! It is important to first DECARB your marijuana before following this tutorial. To do this place the cannabis on a baking sheet in the oven at 150 °F (65 °C) for 30-60 minutes.
Science: By heating the cannabis a chemical reaction takes place called “decarboxylation” (DECARB) and this converts the THCA (inactive) into THC (active). The boiling point of THC is 315 °F (157 °C) and during this process you need to stay well below this temperature or otherwise the THC will evaporate.
- 1/2-1 oz (15-30 g) finely ground and dried cannabis
- 10-20 oz (290-580 g) high proof alcohol (for instance Bacardi 151 Rum)
For this recipe a 96% consumer alcohol grade was used, but since this is not available in every country. We therefore recommended a high proof rum or vodka. The higher the alcohol percentage the better, since the active component in cannabis (THC) is alcohol soluble.
Making the Green Dragon:
- Place the finely ground and dried marijuana into an airtight container.
- Pour alcohol over the cannabis, and put the lid on the container.
- Store in a cool, shaded space for at least 10 days. The longer you wait, the better.
- Shake several times a day.
- Strain to remove plant matter.
- Enjoy your cannabis infused alcohol!
- Check out serving suggestions for tips
Serving Suggestions: Add 1 part of the cannabis infused alcohol to 1 or 2 parts of Sprite or Coca Cola. You can sweeten the taste further by adding sugar or honey. It is also possible to use green dragon in Cannabis Jello Shots!
For more alcohol tincture ideas and recipes see The Cannabis Cookbook: Over 35 Tasty Recipes for Meals, Munchies, and More